Friday, March 18, 2011

It wasnt just a dream

“I have experienced a painful sharpening from time to time but I need it to become a better pencil.”

As I take a glimpse at my past, I can freshly remember those days when I was just an aspirant of the COLT taking small steps towards one of my wildest dreams which is thousand miles away and that is to become the next CORPS COMMANDER OF THE CAT-I UNIT.

My expedition was not that easy. I have sailed through stormy seas. I have gone through the killer ordeals of my life.

I can still envision myself during my training life trembling to death whenever I hear the voice of the gray – haired man, Mr. Bernardo R. Rabaca our COMMANDANT. My knees began to shiver. Those droplets of my sweat seemed to be battling for a race just to escape from my face and the worst of all, my heart felt like being hammered all over again. I humbly say that I won’t be who I am now without those tight spots that I’ve been through.

Being a CAT Officer is a hard-hitting job. It requires respect, patience, and determination to lead and to serve. The responsibility bestowed upon us begins when one of our feet has stepped on our post, the school. Being an officer is not just about attending those endless trainings but it’s how we inculcate those teachings here in our hearts and bringing them into real life. It’s not just about those tiring and stressful duties wherein you just stand but it’s about how we stand for which you think and believe is right. It’s not just about wearing the fatigue uniform just to be called CAT Officers but wearing the uniform to take the responsibility and to face the challenges that may come along our way.

The best thing being an officer is that it’s not a one-man show but we worked here as a team. The CAT-I UNIT is not a team of stars but a star team!

“we have fought the battle,we have finished the race and we have kept my faith in Him always.”

No comments:

Post a Comment